The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



Standing in the Path of Loving, Soothing Waves

TRIBUTE TO REB MARCIA

The first time I was in Reb Marcia's presence was at theALEPH  Kallah in Corvalis in 1999.  We went to the Shabbat morning service she co-led and within minutes I was weeping and saying to myself "G!D is so good." Throughout the service Reb Marcia "rolled" her hands and I could feel waves of spiritual energy coursing toward me as if I was standing in an ocean in the path of oncoming loving, soothing waves.


In the years since, I have studied many, many times with Reb Marcia at Kallah and Ruach.  I have always been uplifted and enlightened by her teaching.  I have played the Friday night and Saturday morning Shabbat services so many times that I now effortlessly say her lines on the CD along with her. I have read and reread her book Path of Blessing and last Spring introduced it to a Jewish book club in Calgary, Alberta where I live to the delight of the club's members.


For me, Reb Marcia as a teacher and person embodies the profound and blessed energy of Jewish Renewal.  I feel privileged to have met her, studied with her and been touched by her sacred presence.


Dr. Melvin Pasternak (Former Vice-Chair, ALEPH Board)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment