The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



Thank You for Creating the World I Want to Live In


I will never forget my first meeting with  Reb Marcia way back when....

She told me I'd know entering the smicha program was the right thing to do if I couldn't NOT do it. Her encouragement and support over the years I was a student made a huge difference to me. More importantly, though, is the inspiration that has come from being present so many times as Reb Marcia  weaves the magical spell of her davvenin', stories, teachings, and loving presence. 

I know I am one of MANY who feel truly honored to have had the opportunity to learn from the example she sets as a guide, teacher, rabbi, and friend. I've been there so many times when Reb Marcia exclaims with joy: "Thank you for creating the world I want to live in". 

So I thank YOU, Reb Marica, for helping to create the world I want to live in. May your wisdom and love continue to inspire us all towards deepening our own capacity to bring God's presence into the world.

With love,

Rabbi Simcha Zevit

No comments:

Post a Comment