The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



Sagacious Advice

As a new person learning the rudimentary tenets
of Judaism to include Hebrew greetings, songs and rituals of song, praise and prayer
I could not help but feel the genuine care, warmth
and acceptance you meted out to me without even knowing me
I appreciate and recognize your wisdom, knowledge, understanding, patience and humility
I know you have so much to teach and share
from exoteric to esoteric information disseminated creatively, pragmatically and
shrewdly yet consistently delivered enthusiastically in your worship services
to the amazing way that you deal with people from all walks of life
I just wanted to tell you Rabbi Marcia Prager
how impressed I have been with you and your leadership skills at Pnai' Or
I look forward to our talks and fellowship and your sagacious advice
you have had a remarkable effect on my life in short period of time

No comments:

Post a Comment