The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



Radiating Leadership


My first Pnai Or service was led by Marcia and Jack.  I was astounded.  I had never seen or heard anything like it in a shul.  
 
 After the service, Janet, who had never seen me before, wrapped her arms around me, and invited me to stay for lunch.  My first Yom Kippur, and all those that have followed have felt like a spiritual bath.  Our Shabbos Torah study sessions, wide-ranging discussions among congregants who manage to get there at on or about 9:15 am (most expertly and generously led by Reb Melvin and Rabbis Arthur and Phyllis), have given me an understanding of Jewish tradition and learning that I never had before.  
 
I have been part of this welcoming community nearly seven years.  Its joyful, loving and liberal quality begins with and radiates from Rabbi Marcia's leadership.  
 
I wish her many more fulfilling years with Pnai Or.
 
Barb Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment