The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



Dream Time

One lovely Seudah Shelishit, the last meal before the end of Shabbas, R. Marcia was teaching about  the power of Shabbas.  In that dreamy time of day it was easy to become captivated by the loving attention to imagery and divine creative forces that R. Marcia unearths every time she teaches. I was inspired on the spot to write a poem called Psalm for Wednesday. Shir Hadash

Psalm for Wednesday: Shir Hadash ( A new song)

The Whole world waits to sing a song of Shabbas

Let me introduce myself:
I am Wednesday

I am waiting for you Messiach
Listen to my plea
I, like my 5 brothers and sisters,
worked by the multitudes
yearn for you to grant us the same precious exaltation

I am waiting for you Messiach
On the day you arrive,
will the locks of the supurnal palace
be forever broken
opening wide the doors
for all time

On the day you arrive,
will  my name be part of the
Name of the Holy One
One side of the prism
of perfection

On the day you arrive,
will we all be equal
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
along with our beloved Shabbas

We, the days of the cycle of nourishment
We, the creatures who inhabit your days
We, the molecules that form, transform
in witness of your
perfect unity

We are waiting for you Messiach
for the promise you have come to fulfill:
"It is a sign between me and you
Forever".

No comments:

Post a Comment