The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



May You Be Fortified

I Call You a Lightbearer

I do! 

From the very first time I walked into the doors of Pnai Or, Yom Kippur 5769, I recognized you as a bearer of Light and the kind of rabbi I wanted to be someday. I am so grateful for all I've learned with you since then and for our time together. You’ve taught me the meaning of the verse  עבדו את יי בשמחה – Serve God with Joy (Psalm 100:2). Not just because I’ve seen you sing it a lot :-), moreso because I’ve seen you actually live it. 

I’ve always been touched and inspired by how much of yourself you give to others, energetically and in words and deeds. How much of yourself you share. And you do this for others, no matter what’s happening for you. 

People don’t always get that.

My wish for you, Reb Marcia, is that this anniversary honors you truly - for your dedication, your achievements and the Light of your neshama. May it help fortify and focus you in your work ahead. And for the Light you’ve shared with all of us, may you receive much Light back! Just as you have been an unfailing support for all your communities, so too may you be supported. Especially now…

רב ברכות,
Blessings and thanks,

Leslie Hilgeman

No comments:

Post a Comment