The World Celebrates Rabbi Marcia Prager

Rabbi Marcia Prager, an inspirational Jewish Renewal spiritual leader, teacher, guide, and colleague, has become a model for a new generation of lay and professional leadership. Through her, many of us have forged an intimate, passionate relationship with Judaism, with the divine in all of us, and thus, with each other.

The P'nai Or Philadelphia Jewish Renewal community is grateful that in 5772 (2011) R. Marcia celebrated 18 years of serving as our Rabbi-Chaver. In her honor, friends from around the world shared these many stories, poems, and loving tributes, to show our gratitude and naches at this wonderful milestone!



My friend, my Rabbi, my teacher

September, 2011 

In Honor of Your Pnai Or Chai Celebration
Dear R. Marcia,

I met you, R. Marcia so long ago; I don’t remember ever not knowing you.  I could write about so many times meeting with you, having lunch with you at the Diner, having you to our home for dinners, your officiating at our grandson’s Bar Mitzvah, your putting me in touch with R. Shohama and on and on.  Somehow, I’m called back in memory when you were preparing Mindi and Paul for their wedding, September 1, 2011 was their 20th wedding anniversary.  What I am remembering so clearly, in my mind’s eye,  is being at Pnai Or, sitting on pillows on the floor, as we did in those days and you giving Mindi and Paul a blessing before their Aufruf to the Torah.  That was the day that you launched on their journey in Jewish Renewal.  I am forever grateful to have you as my friend, my Rabbi and teacher.

Sandi---Reb Sarah --Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment